Small Pellets Does Matter
Small Size Pellets for Starter Feed
Production of starter feed or shrimp feed can be considered as a form of
art rather than science. Many producers are facing a hard time dealing
with decision for the best practice in manufacturing shrimp feed,
especially small size pellets (1.0 to 1.2 mm)
Here are some tips when choosing a pelleting system for making starter aquafeed and shrimp feed:
- Multiple stages of the pre-conditioner ensure better cooking by utilizing steam and retention time. Conditioning temperature may reach up to 100 °C or more.
- Used belt-driven design for best practice to pellet micro feed.
- Thin cutter design with a specific angle to produce pellet with flat and clean cut.
- High moisture pelleting – the design enables us to pellet small pellets with higher moisture (approx. 16%) for a higher degree of cooking.
- Optional: Auto type bearing lubrication.